Applications for the program starting in September 2016 can be submitted to the Admission Office until November 15th, 2015. Applications will nonetheless be accepted until all positions are filled. A complete application must include the following documents:
- A fully filled-in online application form, including a list of all courses and credits
- Curriculum vitae as PDF file in the upload area of the application form
- Three letters of recommendation uploaded by your referees, for more information follow the instructions in the online application form
- Copies of all academic certificates including High School Diploma, M.Sc., B.Sc., etc. as one PDF file in the uploaded area of the application form (originals must be presented, if you are invited for an interview)
- Copy of your M.Sc. thesis (with English abstract if the thesis is not written in English) or preliminary master thesis abstract as PDF file in the upload area
- Proof of English Language ability when applicable (e.g. transcript of TOEFL / IELTS scores or equivalent; our TOEFL Institution and Department Code is 8223).
We are offering about 25 PhD positions for research topics in various fields of astrophysics. Deadline for applications is NOVEMBER 15th, 2015. See Application & Admission and
Available PhD Topics for more details. Please follow the link online application to apply for our
graduate program. In the case of further questions please contact us.
In case you need to send application material by postal mail, please use the following address:
IMPRS on Astrophysics
Due date for application for the program starting on September 1st, 2016 is November 15, 2015
Selection of students for admission will be achieved by a selection procedure (see here) that may include invitations to interviews in Munich.
For further questions relating to the admission process, please send an e-mail to:
office @ imprs-astro.mpg.de
The Max Planck Society has about 80 scientific institutes spread all over Germany focusing on numerous research fields ranging from physics, biology to medicine, from social sciences to humanities. All institutes are independent from each other with their own board of directors and administration. The short video “How to apply for a PhD position in the Max Planck Society” provides further information about PhD research opportunities.